How to take screenshots on windows 10 PC.
Screenshots are very useful in today’s world of smart devices. They can serve many purposes ranging from capturing portions of your PC screen to enable you explain certain things to others, taking shots of a question for help online or for help from friends, taking shots of post and comments on social media and so on.
It can be tough trying to figure out how to take a screenshot on your windows PC when the need arises, especially if you’re new to windows 10. On windows 10 PCs, there are two apps and couple of ways to take a screenshot. Although there are two different apps, their usage is quite similar. Stick and stay throughout this post and you will know the alternative ways of taking a screenshot on your windows 10 computer.
The new Snip and Sketch app is replacing the Snipping tool which will not be available in future updates of windows 10 but if you find yourself having all the two, don’t worry since both follow the same steps.
Using ‘Snipping tool’ or ‘Snip and Sketch’ app, users can take screenshots of their PC screen and this is how;
- Open the start menu on your windows 10 PC.
- Type ‘snip’ and wait for any of the two apps to appear (‘snipping tool’/ ‘snip and sketch’).
- Click on the app (choose either ‘Snipping tool’ or ‘Snip and Sketch’) to open it.
- Click on ‘new’ to take a new screenshot and wait for the cursor to appear for you to mark out the area you would want to capture.
- Drag over the area of the screen you wish to screenshot.
- After capturing the screenshot, the app opens a window with the screenshot in it and it is now ready to be saved.
- Click on the Save As icon or press Ctrl + S for the Save As menu to appear.
- Type the name with which you wish to save the screenshot in the ‘File name’ entry space (a default name will be provided in the space, clear it and give it a new name or you can choose to leave the default name)
- choose a storage location of the screenshot by selecting one of the locations on the left side of the ‘Save As’ window (This PC, Desktop, Documents etc.)
- Click on Save.
Read also: best parental control apps in 2020