This is how to check your MTN mobile money statement.
A mobile money statement shows you the details of all transactions(cash-in, cash-out and purchases) made through the mobile money account. Mobile money statements are often used by customers to monitor cash inflow and also to check for possible fraudulent transactions, with the help of a mobile money account statement, customers/users are able to know all transaction history for a specified period of time which enables them to know the state of their account.
Read also: Make calls on MTN and Vodafone for free
In this article, we will take you through the steps involved in checking your mobile money account statement. The mobile money system supports electronic statements, whereby the account statement is mailed directly to the customer’s email account. Follow the steps below to request for your mobile money account statement.
Note that the cost of a request is just a little bit over GHs 0.5
- Dial *170# and wait for the mobile money service prompt to appear
- select option 6 (“My wallet”) and send
- In the next set of options, select option 5 (“statements”)
- Next, select option 1 (“statement request”)
- You can choose to subscribe to the monthly statement(option 1) which will be sent to you on a monthly basis or choose the other option which is “Request for statement”. In our case, we’ll choose option 2.
- You will be asked to enter your email address (Note that the statement will be sent to the email address you provide)
- Next step is to confirm the email address. Enter the email address again and send
- You will be asked to enter the Start date of the statement that you are requesting(this is the starting date of the transaction history). Date should be separated by a single space and be in the format “DAY MONTH YEAR”. e.g. 14th August 2020 will be 14 08 2020
- Enter the End date in the same format as the start date. e.g. 20th September 2020 is typed in this format; 20 09 2020
You might be interested in this: MTN to check fraud activities with the help of Artificial Intelligence
- Wait for the authorization message and enter your MM(Mobile Money) PIN to confirm payment in order to complete the process successfully.
After completion of the steps above, wait for the statement to be sent to the email you provided earlier. For easy accessibility, check your inbox for a message titled MTN MoMo Statement as shown below, open it and then download the file attached to view your MTN Mobile Money account statement.